RCMP Chapel – Regina SK

rcmp_church

The oldest remaining building in Regina is the RCMP chapel, dating from the earliest establishment of the North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) as a guardhouse in 1883. It subsequently served as a mess hall and canteen and became a chapel in 1895. It was constructed in Ontario and moved by flatcar, steamer and ox team to Regina.

Similar Posts
Charity Parking Meter
“Free Rain” Mural – Edmonton, Alberta
The Easter Present
Juniper Park Agency Walls
Digital Orca – Vancouver, British Columbia
Bear Hunt Langara Station – Vancouver, British Columbia
International Garden Festival Reflective Water Dish