RCMP Chapel – Regina SK

rcmp_church

The oldest remaining building in Regina is the RCMP chapel, dating from the earliest establishment of the North-West Mounted Police (NWMP) as a guardhouse in 1883. It subsequently served as a mess hall and canteen and became a chapel in 1895. It was constructed in Ontario and moved by flatcar, steamer and ox team to Regina.

Similar Posts
Recreation Centre – Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Modern Cottage
Expo67 Spirale at La Ronde – Montréal, Québec
King Street Entertainment District Plan – Toronto, Ontario
Materia Brand Identity and Implementation Design
Vancouver Museum of Art – Vancouver, BC
December 6 Memorial Plaque – Vancouver, British Columbia